How well are women represented on Colorado public-company boards? Better than in the past. Click here to read the full article published on August 27, 2018 in Denver Business Journal.
Colorado’s boardrooms are short on women, and that’s bad for business. Click Here to read the full article published on May 8, 2018 in The Denver Post.
The Women’s Leadership Foundation conducted a census of all public company boards headquartered in Colorado as of December 31, 2018. Here is a summary of the results.
Colorado’s progress including women on corporate boards accelerated in 2018
- From 12.3% in 2017 to 14.4% in 2018, 2.1 p.p. increase which is more than double the average of 0.8 p.p. for previous 6 years
- For first time, Colorado Fortune 1000 companies are on par with national average
- 23% of new board positions in 2H18 went to women
- Only 12.7% named executive officers are women so pipeline is sparse
Colorado still lags national averages overall
- 21st out of 26 states for Russell 3000 companies of states with 20 or more
- 1.8 p.p. below national average for Russell 3000 companies in 2018
- 39% of Colorado companies have all-male—nearly twice as many all-male boards for Russell 3000
Colorado is committed to marked improvement
- Colorado CEOs and Board Members are committed to 50% improvement
- Colorado Legislative Resolution urges corporate boards to add women on boards by 2020
- Investors are acting on the research that boards with women tend to be more profitable with more innovation and better governance.
- Boardbound by Women’s Leadership Foundation works to open more board positions to women
Colorado public companies are not yet building a robust pipeline of women executive officers
Boardbound by Women’s Leadership Foundation researched the % women as named executive officers in the proxies of Colorado public companies.
Only 12.7% of the Named Executive Officers are Women
Follow this link to download the presentation. Presentation Women_on_Colorado_Boards_1218
Follow this link to see how many women are on individual company boards. Rank Dec 2018 CO Companies
Find the Right Women Candidates for your Board.