Colorado’s boardrooms are short on women, and that’s bad for business. Click Here to read the full article published on May 8, 2018 in The Denver Post.
Source: Women’s Leadership Foundation Study of Women on Boards of Colorado Companies 12/31/17. Infographic developed by Orange Marketing.
The Women’s Leadership Foundation conducted a census of all public company boards headquartered in Colorado as of December 31, 2017. Here is a summary of the results.
Colorado is making slow progress
- From 7% in 2011 to 12% in 2017—less than 1 p.p. per year
- 45% of Colorado companies have zero women on their board
- Only 15% of new board positions in 2017 went to women
Colorado is lagging national averages
- 1.6 p.p. below national average for Fortune 1000 companies in 2017
- 22nd out of 23 states for Fortune 1000 companies of states with 10 or more
- 1.1 p.p. below national average for Russell 3000 companies in 2017
Colorado is committed to marked improvement
- Colorado CEOs and Board Members are committed to 50% improvement between 2015 and 2018
- Colorado Legislative Resolution urges corporate boards to add women on boards by 2020
Follow this link to download the presentation. Women on Colorado Boards
Follow this link to see how many women are on individual company boards. Rank of Colorado Companies by Number of Women on Boards
Find the Right Women Candidates for your Board.