Women and men leading side by side, lifting companies and communities to greatness.
To open more board positions to women in Colorado and beyond.
- We inspire leaders to champion and pursue greater board diversity.
- We equip women to skillfully step into board service.
- We connect board-ready talent to organizations eager to achieve extraordinary results.
Flagship Program: Board Bound
The ultimate goal of Board Bound is to have three or more women on every Colorado board.
- CEOs for Women on Boards Advanced by Women’s Leadership Foundation which works with Colorado CEOs and Board directors to support them in accelerating the proportion of women on Corporate Boards. Also researches the status of women on corporate boards.
- Corporate Board Bound which conducts the Board Bound program with a cohort of C-suite level or equivalent executives to attain corporate board positions via matching with a mentor who serves on a corporate board and workshops.
- Community Board Bound which ensures Colorado and City Board and Commissions and non-profits have strong qualified women board members.
- Latinas in the Boardroom which recruits Latinas to aspire and prepare for board service.
The Women’s Leadership Foundation was legally formed in 2002 by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce. It was re-constituted in 2011 with a focus of launching its flagship Board Bound program in 2012. The Foundation set a target that it would be self-sufficient within five years. This target was met in the Fall of 2017 when the Women’s Leadership Foundation transitioned from support from the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce CEO and staff to operate on a stand alone basis with a strong working board and contracted support.
Read the press release about the Women’s Leadership Foundation’s stand alone status.